Since its inception in 1968, TGS has been closely associated with design and development of new products. The Design Cell, with fully computerized state-of-the-art CAD workstations, is the nerve-centre of the Growth Shop. Manned by more than 50 experienced designers and highly skilled draftsmen, the Design team has the capability to produce reliable concept designs and detailed manufacturing drawings for a vast spectrum of plants and equipment.
The Design team comprises specialist groups responsible for designing EOT Cranes, Steel Mill Equipment, Gear Drive Structurals, Electrics, and Electronics & Instrumentation respectively.
Some of the developments of the Design Department are:
- 200 ton to 320 ton Torpedo Ladle Cars
- 350 TPD Sponge Iron Plant
- EOT Cranes with capacities of 1T to 340T
- Special purpose Cranes such as Ladle Crane for Hot metal handling & Cranes for Nuclear Plant
- Cranes with Latest Automation for Cold Rolling Mill
- Various Transfer Cars for Iron & Steel Industry
- Torpedo Ladle Car
- Ladle Tilter
- Mudgun for Blast Furnace
- Movable Throat Armour for Blast Furnace etc.